Chase the Ace – Pierceland Recreation Association Lottery Rules
• The Lottery Licence will be obtained in the name of the Pierceland Recreation Association
• There will be a maximum of 400,000 tickets printed.
• Total Retail Prize Value is to a maximum of $1,000,000.
• The person named on the ticket must be a Saskatchewan resident or have purchased the ticket in person in Saskatchewan. Contacts for this lottery are Kim McRae (306)819-7003 and/or Brian Evans (306)839-7513
Purpose of Lottery:
• The Pierceland Recreation Association exists to gather funds to be invested toward the improving the quality and availability of recreation and community facilities
• The Lottery will be open to the public and tickets will be made available and sold in the Village of Pierceland.
• Ticket purchasers must be at least 14 years old at the time of ticket purchase.
• Members of the Pierceland Recreation Association and their immediate family will be permitted to purchase tickets. However, anyone directly involved in the draw that week (i.e. ticket sellers, ticket folders, etc.) may not have tickets in their name that week.
Advertising and Lottery Promotion:
• The lottery will be promoted in local newspapers and radio stations.
• Signage announcing the current estimated “Chase the Ace” Jackpot prize amount will be created and posted at the selected Ticket Sales locations (as outlined below).
• Lottery posters may be produced and displayed within the primary “marketing area” considered to be the Village of Pierceland, SK and the immediate areas surrounding the municipality.
• The lottery will be promoted on the Association’s Webpage and Facebook account.
• Weekly Draw Winners will be expected to allow their name and possibly their pictures to be used in promoting the Lottery, if it is deemed important to do so, by the Lottery Committee.
• Winners will be asked to sign a disclaimer allowing the use of their name in Lottery promotions.
THIS LOTTERY WILL BE PROMOTED AND OPERATED AS A “CHASE THE ACE DRAW” LOTTERY
How to Participate:
• Tickets will be made available only in the Village of Pierceland, SK Tickets will be available throughout the week for each upcoming week’s draw at Pierceland General Supplies, Pierceland Credit Union, Pierceland Agencies, Pierceland Hotel and also by the members of the Pierceland Recreation Association.
• Tickets will be made available starting April 30, 2018 and weekly through April 28, 2019.
• Tickets, for that particular weekly draw, will be sold starting at 9:00AM and will continue through to 3:30PM on the Draw Date of that particular draw.
• Ticket purchasers, deemed to be eligible to participate, will be provided with a numbered Ticket as evidence of their participation and those tickets will be valid only for that particular weekly draw.
Ticket Numbering & Pricing:
• Tickets will be sold as follows: One (1) ticket for $5.00
• Tickets purchased will be eligible for that current week’s draw.
Draw Dates & Location of Draws:
• There will be 52 Weekly draws made during the length of this Lottery Licence.
• Draws will be made every Sunday starting on May 6, 2018 and concluding on May 5, 2019
• The Weekly Draws will be made at 4:00pm every consecutive Sunday until the draw has concluded whether by all of the tickets being sold, or the lottery license expiring.
• The Weekly Draws will be made at the Pierceland Community Hall – 184 1st Avenue South, Pierceland, SK.
Draw Winners will be determined as follows:
• On the Date of the Draw, one ticket will be selected from the drum. That ticket will be determined to be the “Winning Ticket” for that weekly draw.
• The Lottery Operators will give the Winning Ticket Holder every opportunity to be in attendance by:
• The winning ticket number will be announced verbally three times,and displayed visually. If the winner is not present, the designated ticket holder proxy will draw on their behalf. If the designated ticket holder proxy is not in attendance,a new ticket will be drawn and the process repeated.
• A Proxy can be designated by the ticket purchaser by writing his or her name on the ticket when purchased. This proxy will act on the winner’s behalf, in the case of the winner being unable to make it to the location of the draw.
• The Proxy assigned will not be permitted to participate in the selling, folding, drawing etc. of tickets for that week’s draw.
• If the winner is not present at the time of the draw, their designated Proxy will cut the cards. Therefore, the player does not need to be present to win.
Awarding of Draw Prizes:
a) Prizes will be awarded on a “revised” 50 – 50 Cash Lottery basis.
b) The Prize amount may vary from week to week as it will be determined by the number of tickets sold for that particular weekly draw.
c) 50% of the Lottery Ticket Sales for every weekly draw throughout the term of the Lottery will be retained by the Lottery Operators. This will be known as the “Operators Share Account”.
d) The remaining 50% will be known as “Jackpot Prize Pool Amount” and made available for prizes that will be awarded as follows: On May 6, 2018:
• One Weekly Winning Ticket Holder, as determined above, will be awarded 20% of the Ticket Sales amount for the May 6, 2018 Draw Date.
• That Winning Ticket Holder will be given the opportunity to “Chase the Ace” (i.e.) pick the Ace of Spades from a standard deck of playing cards that will be identified as the “Prize Deck”.
• If the weekly Winning Ticket Holder successfully picks the Ace of Spades from the “Prize Deck”, then he or she will be awarded the accumulating Jackpot.
• If the weekly Prize Ticket Holder does not successfully pick the Ace of Spades from the “Prize Deck” then the remaining 30% (prize hold over amount) will remain in the carry over prize pool. The incorrect card chosen by the Winning Ticket Holder will be destroyed.
• If the Ace of Spades is drawn on the very first event, the winner receives 50% of that week’s sales. If the Ace of Spades is drawn any time after the first week’s draw, the minimum amount awarded from the Jackpot will be $5000.
• All prizes will be payable by cheque.
• Total Retail Prize Value is to a maximum of $1,000,000.
May 13, 2018 and all subsequent Draw Dates until the Jackpot amount is awarded:
• One Winning Ticket Holder, as determined above, will be awarded 20% of the Ticket Sales for that particular Draw Date.
• That Winning Ticket Holder will be given the opportunity to pick the Ace of Spades from the “Prize Deck”.
• If unsuccessful, the 30% of ticket sales for that particular draw date will remain in the carry over Jackpot prize pool and will be allowed to accumulate and will be made available for future draws.
• If successful, he or she will be awarded the remaining 30% of ticket sales for that particular Draw Date plus the full accumulated prize holder over amount that has been allowed to accumulate in the carry over Jackpot prize pool. Note: Once a Winning Ticket Holder has successfully picked the Ace of Spades from the Prize Deck and the “accumulated Jackpot prize pool amount” has been awarded, that “session” of the Lottery will be closed and a new “session” will begin with the next weekly draw and the process for awarding prizes will begin again.
“Chase the Ace” – Draw Procedures:
The Winning Ticket Holder, upon presenting the Winning Ticket, will have one try to cut/pick the “Ace of Spades” from the “Prize Deck” as identified by and provided by the Lottery Operators using the following procedure:
a) The Prize Deck will be available only at the Draw Location (Pierceland).
b) The Prize Deck will remain in the custody of the Lottery Operators or their appointed agents at all times leading to and throughout the prize draw procedure.
c) The Lottery Operators will confirm that the “Ace of Spades” is included in the Prize Deck before and after the draw (after if the Ace of Spades is not drawn) by showing the card to the crowd
d) The “Ace of Spades” will then be returned to the Prize Deck in use for that draw, and the deck will then be shuffled four (4) times by the Lottery Operators or their appointed agents.
e) The Winning Ticket Holder will then be asked to “cut” the cards.
f) Should the Winning Ticket Holder drop cards as part of this card cut process, all and any dropped cards are deemed to be “discarded” for the purposes of the draw.
g) The card that remains in the hand of the Winning Ticket Holder that is showing its “face” – will be declared the “Card Picked” for purposes of prize presentation.
h) If the Ace of Spades is drawn: prizes will be presented as outlined in these rules; this Session of the Lottery will be considered “closed”; the Prize Deck” for this weekly draw will be destroyed and a new Prize Deck will be obtained for the next session of weekly draws.
i) If the Ace of Spades is not drawn: the prize amount will carry over as outlined in these rules; the Card Picked at this draw will be destroyed and only the remaining cards are eligible for drawing at the time of the next Draw Date and they will remain in the custody of the Lottery Operators.
Announcement of Winners:
• The Lottery Committee will announce the names of all Weekly winners and the “Chase the Ace” winner as follows:
• Local Newspaper
• Association Web Page
• Association Facebook account
Lottery “PLAY OUT” Plan:
a) The term of this licence will be established with the approval of the Application by S.L.G.A. – but will run for a Term of one year (12 months).
b) Should it happen that a lottery “session” has not terminated at the time the Lottery Licence expires; the following “play out” plan will be followed on the last Draw Date of the approved Lottery Licence:
• The First Winning Ticket number will be drawn and the process to award prizes, as outlined, will be followed (i.e.) the Winning Ticket Holder will have the “regular” opportunity to win the weekly prize and the hold-over Jackpot prize amount by picking the Ace of Spades.
• Should this Winning Ticket Holder not pick the Ace of Spades, then that ticket will be returned to the draw drum and a second Winning Ticket number will be drawn for that occasion only.
• The holder of that Winning Ticket (the second ticket draw for that date) will be awarded the total accumulated hold over Jackpot prize amount as at that date.
Definition of terms used:
• “Weekly Winning Ticket”: The weekly winning ticket will be determined through the Draw Procedure as outlined above.
• “Winning Ticket Holder” Will be determined to be the person who presents the Winning Ticket to the Lottery Operators as evidence that they are the holder of the ticket bearing the number for that specific weekly draw.
• “Weekly Draw Winners”: Will be awarded the weekly prize amount for that specific weekly draw. They will also be given an opportunity to win the “Chase the Ace Prize“.
• “Weekly Prize Amount”: Will be calculated based upon a 20% share of the total weekly sales amount for that specific week’s draw.
• “Chase the Ace Prize”: Is the promotional name given to the “Carry Over Jackpot Prize Pool” amount.
• “Chase the Ace Winner”: Is the individual who picks the Ace of Spades from the Prize Deck and who will be awarded the “Chase the Ace” prize for the current Lottery Session.
• “Carry over Jackpot Prize Pool”: Is the total accumulation of the 30% portions of ticket sales that is will only be awarded when the “Ace of Spades” is picked from the Prize Deck for that particular Lottery Session.
• “Prize Deck”: Is the deck of cards specifically used for the “Chase the Ace” Lottery. This deck of playing cards will be marked in such a way that it can be identified as being specifically created and is being used for this Lottery.
• “Lottery Session”: Saskatchewan Liquor & Gaming will approve a Lottery Licence for a period of 1 year (12 months). During that time, there could be multiple “Chase the Ace” winners. Each time a “Chase the Ace” winner is chosen, that current Lottery Session will declared closed and a new Lottery Session will begin. This procedure will repeat itself for the duration of the Lottery Licence.