Debit cards and tap technology have made things easier for everyone. However, without the added security level of a PIN for Flash transactions and the always evolving fraud landscape, many continue to feel vulnerable to fraud at home and internationally. While Interac’s Zero Liability Policy protects you from losses, Lock’N’Block will provide an added layer of security.
Lock‘N’Block is a mobile card lock service; the first technology of its kind and exclusively available through credit union digital services.
What is Lock‘N’Block?
Lock‘N’Block is a mobile card lock service that allows you to lock your credit union debit card or block specific transactions by using the mobile app, mobile web, or online banking. Lock‘N’Block makes it easier and faster for your to protect your accounts as you will no longer have to call your credit union to lock your credit union debit card if it’s lost or stolen.
When the card is “locked” all transactions are automatically declined, making fraudulent attempts to use the card either online, by phone, or at ATMs and POS devices virtually impossible.
How does Lock‘N’Block work?
Lock‘N’Block is integrated into MemberDirect® and our mobile banking app. Once you suspect your card has been lost or stolen, all you do is log in to your account, click the Lock‘N’Block icon, select your card, select from one of the four lock or block options, and toggle to either ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’. It’s that easy!
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Lock‘N’Block is available through the credit union mobile banking app, mobile web and online banking
- Unique in the marketplace; the only card locking service of its kind being offered by financial institutions in Canada
- Includes all open debit cards on your member record (up to a maximum of 9)
- Allows you to identify each debit card with a nickname
- Convenient, quick and user friendly access
- Lock or unlock your credit union debit card
- Block or unblock purchases and refunds
- Block or unblock ATM transactions
- Block or unblock international transactions
- Have peace of mind knowing that you have greater control of your credit union debit cards
LOCK‘N’BLOCK is a trademark of Everlink Payment Services Inc.