Transferring money can now be done quickly and securely with INTERAC e-Transfer†! All you need is your recipient’s email address or mobile phone number to send money in just a few quick and easy steps.
When to use INTERAC e-Transfer†:
- Splitting the bill in a restaurant
- Paying a roommate for your portion of rent or bills
- Sending some birthday cash to a family member
- Paying for everyday purchases such as housekeeping, babysitting or home repairs
Convenient and Simple to Use!
- All you need is your recipient’s email address or mobile phone number
- You can also transfer money to your other Canadian Financial Institution accounts
- Make or receive a transfer from anywhere at any time using your computer or Smartphone – Internet Banking is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Saves Time and Money
- No need to wait for the transfer to be approved – your recipient can access funds quickly
- No more stops at the ATM or waiting for cheques to be cashed!
- Lower cost than bank drafts or money orders
- Your personal information is secure – email or text is used for communication purposes, but your funds are contained in our secure banking network
- No account numbers or other Financial Institution information is required
- A security question of your choosing protects your funds from being received by the wrong person
How to send and receive an INTERAC e-Transfer†:
- Log into Pierceland Credit Union Internet Banking and navigate to the “Transfers” screen
- Set up your sender profile and add your recipient – make sure to create a Security Question that only your recipient knows the answer to.
- Choose how to notify your recipient, the amount you wish to send and which account the funds will be transferred from. You can also choose to send a special message or memo to your recipient.
- Send! The funds are debited from your account immediately.
- Your recipient will receive notification that you have sent them an INTERAC e-Transfer†, and will follow the links provided in the email or text message to deposit their funds.
- Once they have answered the security question correctly, they can deposit the funds immediately – no holds, no hassle!
- If your recipient’s Financial Institution does not subscribe to the INTERAC e-Transfer† service, it’s no problem! They can still receive their funds by following the link to Interac’s Interac Association’s site, at which time you will be asked to create or log into your existing account with Interac Association.
- Once logged in, Interac Association will proceed to deposit the transfer into your chequing or savings account (which usually takes 3-5 business days). For non-participating financial institution deposits, a $4.00 service fee will be deducted from the transfer amount.
Limits and Fees
- Per Transaction: $3,000.00
- Per Week: $10,000.00
- Per Month: $20,000.00
- Per Transaction: $10,000.00
- Per Week: $70,000.00
- Per Month: $300,000.00
A non-refundable fee of $1.50 will be charged for sending an INTERAC e-Transfer†
Looking for more information? Visit the INTERAC e-Transfer† homepage for more information on how this feature works, or contact us at (306) 839-2071 and speak to a Member Service Representative. A list of participating financial institutions can be found here.